Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It has been a busy summer!

This has been a fun summer filled with lots of laughs...good weather...good books, lots and lots of good books...GREAT company...and seeing some pretty cool things on this side of the world!

The summer has flown by. Dave is still doing great in school, they are keeping them very busy but he only has two more weeks to go till the term break then we are home to Raymond for a few weeks yah! and then it is on to the last 6 months!!!! That is such a nice thought.

Grandma and Grandpa Wood came to visit us for a couple of weeks and it was glorious...Lottie sure loved them and I think the feeling was pretty mutual. They took us everywhere and we loved every minute of it. Thanks again for taking such good care of us and we hope you enjoyed your little vacation.

Lottie is growing up way too fast...she is full of things to say even though we may not understand her all the time she can carry on quite the conversation. She says the usual things mom, dad, hi, bye, pretty, uh oh, no, cute, baby, dirty, lottie, hot, burr, bad, she knows what lots of animals say...her newest words are turtle, matt (our friend), for everything she says what is it...and the best one Happy...she says it so perfect. She is extremely busy and very sneaky. She still loves to dance, gets and gives princess kisses... if you haven't seen her do this she puts her hand out and leaves it there till you kiss it...we have no clue where she learned this but we love it and no matter what you are doing or where you are if she puts her hand out you better go to her and kiss it. She is taller than most kids her age and older...should I be worried? and the Bishop said she had big hands...should I be offended? I was a little about the hands what if she has man hands! I think she is a pretty petite little thing, I guess time will tell! We can't wait to see everyone, Lottie is going to be in heaven playing with all the cousins and friends in Raymond...See you all soon!

A lot of pictures coming your way...

6 comments:

  1. Ashley I have been meaning to break it to you for years but I think Lottie inherited her manhands from you. At first I thought you said he had said she had big BANGS. That would have been fun too. By the way no pictures showed up. Good on ya for bloggin though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean no pictures...they are on mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pics worked for me either...I need proof of your fun summer, but I guess I saw them all on facebook. Some people will say weird things about your kids, but Lottie's cute man hands and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be worried about the man hands what is she gets dave's shoulders and arms and the rest came from you...you'll have to get really good at sewing all those ripped shirts when she flexes her man muscles just like her dad!! Can't wait to see you...and Princess Lottie my lips are ready for all that kissing we will do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I'm so glad that I checked your blog before bed!! It has been awhile since you had anything new, but I check!! She's a doll no matter how big her hands are!! The better to palm a basketball, or play the piano or something!!!!Love you all, and can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking the other day as I perused some pictures of Lottie, "Boy, she really is becoming a brute...but thats ok we will just help her find her place in this life....ooh, maybe an olympic shot putter." Ash, you are so funny. Although I pretty much dread my kids inheriting much of anything from me! Hope you are enjoying Raytown, I know I would be.

    ReplyDelete